Two phase relocation of 270 staff at the main site and 150 in the satellite office from Wells Mews and Wells Street to Shepherdess Walk, London
After outgrowing the old site and expanding into office space nearby, Checkout.com, which has in excess of 400 staff in total, had planned the latest move prior to the Coronavirus Pandemic however this was not possible and work had to be undertaken during the lockdown period
Nexus and Fitout Expert worked together to ensure a smooth move to a new 80,000sq ft, four floor premises. Nexus produced COVID -19 safe working practises to ensure the safety of staff, contractors, and members of the public during the relocation project.
Nexus provided technology support in the move, including the setup of IT equipment for 700 desks, Wi-Fi access points and new tech installation, alongside furniture fitting and planning assistance.
All furniture and IT from Wells Mews site had to be stored for a number of weeks between decom/decant and delivery/recom.
Works completed by Nexus
- Labelled all IT and personal items across 2 buildings and 6 floors
- Packed users personal belongings
- Decommissioned User IT to Stores
- Brokedown existing desks and stored
- Brokedown existing phone booths and stored
- Stores existing chairs
- Disposed of excess desks and furniture
- Rebuilt existing desks at new site while under construction
- Rebuilt phone booths on new site while still under construction
- Recommisioning User IT on new site while still under construction
- Installed 250 new monitors
- Arranged competitive quote for an additional 450 monitors
- Removed and recycled rubbish and boxes from new monitors
- Storage of crates
- Nexus’s planning and flexibility meant all timelines were met.
- The client was able to make significant savings as most of the desks and cabinets were repurposed.
- Our attention to detail and comprehensive testing meant that the client’s staff had no downtime resulting from the moves.
“Guys,Many thanks for all your help over the last couple of weeks, your team have done a great job and they have been helpful and proactive, and have left the building in an amazing state of cleanliness. Well done.”
Jenny Lancaster, Project Manager